A Word, Prayers, and A Discipline
1. Pick a word, one word, to be your word for 2022.
- Brain storm through free writing (writing whatever comes to mind and finding the connection), cluster writing (writing main ideas and things that connect to the ideas in clusters), or journal writing the past year and desires for the coming year.
- Prayerfully ask God to give you a word that encapsulates His desires and your desires. 😊
- Post that word where you will see it every day! (i.e., Bible, refrigerator, etc.)
2. Write down some audacious prayers for 2022!
Write down prayers that see impossible and which align with God and His Word.
Determine a day and time to pray. This can be daily, weekly, or monthly. (I try to include a time of preparing my heart through meditating on scripture, confession, and praise to put me in the right place before God before I petition).
Be prepared to act on the promptings you will mostly likely receive through God’s Spirit concerning these.
When God answers, praise Him first and then tell someone of His faithfulness. 😊
3. Adopt a discipline or be more consistent with one!
Daily Bible reading through the Bible or Bible app (I’ve found it best to do this with others to be consistent)
Engagement with scripture and prayer through the Lection 365 app. This is a daily devotional that includes Scripture, prayer and meditation on God.
The Examen Prayer is a daily inventory of the day – evaluating the day through the eyes of Christ.
Anything else that God is laying on your heart. (fasting, silence, simplicity, etc.)
“Remember to say your prayers because God is waiting to hear from you.” – Cindy Reilly
With Much Love & Hope in Christ for the coming year! Christina